Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Excitement of September

It’s September, and my wife, my daughters, and I have all started our school years. I am excited, as I am nearly every year at this time. September is the time for hope. I have new students that will be engaged and, I hope, experience the joy of learning. I am teaching a course that I have never taught to a group of students, most of whom I have already had. I am excited about working with new content and seeing the ideas that students will bring to it.

In just two class meetings, there have already been some highlights. In one class, the students were deeply engaged with the concept questions that I used with them. The debate was lively, and this set the tone for good discussions of student presentations. In my other class, we left a question unresolved, but two students turned in two different, but both viable, solutions to the problem, which will lead to a good discussion this coming week. 

I hope your year is off to a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment